Saturday, July 12, 2008

When Brother Is Away...



My boys are generally required to share all of their toys with a few exceptions. I think everyone should have at least one or two things that are " Just for me" to play with. The problem with that is I spend my days as a referee trying to keep them out of each other's things. So, most of the time everyone is required to share everything. That being said... Aunt Devrun who is a absolute staple of our everyday life, went to Disney a few weeks ago and totally fulfilled all of Connor's deepest dreams with a full Captain Hook costume. This is immediately established as one of our
" Just for me " toys. Owen , of course, wants it worse than anything else in the whole world . So, it stays either on Connor , or put up where little hands can't get it.
This picture was taken last weekend while Connor was at his Dad's house. Mommy forgot to put it up where Owen couldn't get to it! What would one time hurt? As you can see , Owen had the most wonderful time . He totally knew that he was getting to do something that he was normally allowed to do while Connor was home. No harm done right? Wrong! Connor comes home that Monday and sees this picture and bursts into tears sobbing " Aunt Devrun is going to have to get me a new Captain Hook suit, Owen has made is not special anymore!". Oh Brother! Just remember everyone, if you have more than one kid just go ahead and start buying more than one of everything. It makes life so much easier!

1 comment:

Kelly Spezzano said...

Hands down, this is one of my most favorite pics! The smile on Owie's face is priceless! So sorry for Connor's reaction, but I think he will get over it!