Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Frosted Flakes, a bath and debit cards!

What do all of these things have in common? Owen, or as we call him " Thing 2"!

I don't know why any mother with three little boys would think for a minute that they could do something silly like go to the bathroom by themselves.You can't ! Thursday morning I hear feet running down the hallway... " Mommy, you better come here and see what Owen did!" says Connor( Thing 1 ). Oh boy, here we go! I get myself together quickly and run down the hallway to find Owen covered in frosted flakes. Just in case you didn't know , toddlers have superpowers. It took him less than a minute to realize that I wasn't watching , pull a chair into the kitchen , climb tha pantry shelves and dump a brand new box of frosted flakes onto the floor. Thank goodness I cleaned the day before! I found him happily sitting in the middle of a huge pile of cereal, cramming it down as fast as he could. It was only a matter of time before the evil monster Mommy would catch him and removed his sugar filled mountain... Better get as much down as possible. I round the corner and he looks up at me with the sweetest look on his face and says" Uh Oh Mama".

The next day after Things 1 and 2 are fed breakfast ( frosted flakes always keep a back up box!) I was sitting drinking a cup of coffee while feeding the baby waiting to go to town for the day. Things are going great ! I am up , dressed and so are ally three boys. I will be on time for sure , but is that running water I hear ? No, it's raining outside you are hearing things... wait! Where is Thing 2 ? He is playing in his room with Connor. Ok you can relax, after all , Connor is a huge tattle tale . Ok, don't ever trust your snitching 4 year old to tattle when you need him to.

Yes, it is running water! Oh no , here comes the sinking sick feeling . Where is Owen?

Ok, pause for a sec. In my defense Connor was NEVER a climber.

I'll tell you where he is ! Fully clothed , shoes on in the bath tub water running everywhere having the time of his life.I have a headache.

Tuesday morning things are going pretty well. Uneventful, nothing major so far, just laundry and school work. Wait, I thought I put my debit card on the dryer. Why is it when things go missing you always think of one kid?

"Mooooooooooooom ,Owen did something bad again !" says Connor in his very important " THANK GOD he is in trouble , not me!" voice .Ok, not too bad , the dvd player is open but nothing like the usual crime scene. Maybe not! Why won't the thing close ?!! Maybe if I turn it off and then on again. Hmmm that didn't work, lets see if something is caught inside. Bingo, found my debit card. Caught sideways right behind the sliding door thingy.

2 comments:

Kelly Spezzano said...

The joys of parenting! You and Amber by far have some of the best stories!

misslissa78 said...

ahhh to be ranked with Amber... That is a compliment !