Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Morning Circus

Every Sunday morning I feel like that clown with the horn you see at the circus that just runs around blowing his horn looking like he has no idea what he is doing. If you have more than one child you know what I'm talking about. Unless , of course you are one of these parents that actually gets it all planned out the night before. May I just say, nobody really likes a perfectionist:-) Anyway, here I am running around with my horn ... Iron the kids clothes, OK check. Iron Daddy's clothes, OK, check. "Has everyone had breakfast?" I ask innocently. Connor comes running down the hallway " mommy, I don't think daddy knows what he is doing , he is just standing in kitchen looking around." OK go help daddy get breakfast. In his defense, Brent works six days a week and doesn't have to deal with all three of them at the same time very often. It can be a little overwhelming! Connor ..." Daddy , daddy , daddy I think I want some frosted flakes !" . See earlier post about frosted flakes, we can't do without a supply that would feed Paton's army. Owen..." Da, Da, Da , nana, nana , nana". Owen-speak for banana.Last but not least Noah ... screaming at the top of his lungs because he doesn't see any reason why he should EVER have to be put down. Ahhhh what a way to try to start off trying to spiritual for church.OK! we have them all fed , now on to bath time . Oh joy , more spiritual preparation. Note to all reading this post: Don't pray for patience unless you really want to be tested in EVERY part of your life. OK, the little guy gets his bath first so he doesn't get drowned by the other two. Now onto the big boys, we are running out of time so they get the quick once over and out they go . Underwear for one and diaper for the other and we are in business. Mommy gets her five minutes of peace in the shower , Yeah ! To be immediately followed by ten minutes of a game I like to call " Keep Owen out of my makeup bag while trying to a least look like I care enough to put some on". During all of this Brent is kindly getting the other two dressed and ready to walk out the door so we can grab them and go. I get Owen ready because it really is easier to keep him where I can see him. As you might have guessed from earlier posts. Blow dry my hair and thank God for a good haircut. OK if you aren't tired by just reading this you must not have kids yet. For those of you who do have kids you totally get the clown blowing the horn thing!

2 comments:

JCrew Mama said...

The clown horn-blowing is the best analogy I have heard to date. Thank you for this wonderful insight. Now I really feel like an intelligent individual. Look at me! I can blow a horn! LOL!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Note to self, re-think having more children after Joshua is born! :)

Did God really know what he was talking about when he said happy is the man who hath his quiver full?