Saturday, August 9, 2008

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?



Connor wants a dog. Not just any dog, of course, a bulldog. This all got started last fall during football season when Brent said " Connor, look at that cool dog!" We were watch the UGA game and there was a cute shot of the team mascot "uga". That was the end of it for Connor .We have tried to show him pictures of other breads but no he likes "the uga dog". Do you know what those things cost ?! I found out this week that $1000 is getting a "deal" on an English bulldog. Most of the time it's more like $2000. Are you serious , it's a DOG! ( sorry Aunt Devrun , no offense to Belle)


" Connor" I said." Uga dogs cost a lot of money , I don't know if Daddy will want to pay that much for a dog. Maybe we can find another kind of dog."


Connor , looking very pitiful says " Mom , you don't understand, I Neeeeeeeeed this dog! I've named him Brutus and everything! Please tell Daddy I've been a good boy today and he can have all the money in my piggy bank!"


I say " I'll tell him , but maybe we better look at other kinds of dogs just in case he says no."


Now , I really don't want a dog in the house , but Brent keeps telling me he has had too many dog come up with some kind of skin disease from living outside here. Sure, like I believe that ! He wants the dog in the house just as bad as the kids do. So we are limited to smaller dogs, you know , like that gold plated bulldog . I have always wanted a German Shepherd , but that's not coming in the house , so that's out. Brent doesn't want any " yip yip" dogs that bark like crazy over everything . Otherwise known as " a girl dog". So , that's out. I don't want anything that is going to shed white hair all over my house . So , that's a whole bunch more that are out.



After all of the looking petfinder.com we finally found something that I think we can all live with.I'm not thrilled at the dog being in the house , but if I'm going to have to give in ( I have decided that I would have let any dog in the house after Brent and Connor worked on me for awhile) This is a pretty good compromise . The best part about it is they don't cost anything like $1000!




It looks like the Basset Hound is the winner! It meets most of my requirements for having a dog in the house , and Brent has always wanted one. I'm thinking that was his plan from the beginning! Anyway , we are going to try to get one for Christmas , so any name submissions are welcome. Connor swears it has to be a boy , but we need some name choices for a girl just in case :-D

8 comments:

Bekah said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Picture me sobbing hysterically. I want a dog sooooo badly! Of course, you are talking about the two breeds Daniel and I have looked at...bulldogs and basset hounds. We picked Brutus as our bulldog name (hence the stuffed version on my bed a few posts ago) and Watson as the basset hound name. Get it? Sherlock Holmes and Watson!! Daniel wants a basset hound so he can dress it up in a Sherlock Holmes hat and watch it sniff stuff.

misslissa78 said...

Oh my gosh it's bi-coastal epidemic!! It's not that I don't want a dog... I already have three kids and it's just one more thing to have to take care of! The good news is I talked to the HCHS and they have basset hound puppies up for adoption all them time! I really do love dogs I'm just not prepared to spend 2 grand on one! Not when there is a shot in the dark that the Rays might make it to the world series and we have to keep money in saving to Brent can go:-D Can't have everything!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Awwwe, I love the basset hound in the picture! I am thinking Oliver if it's a boy and if it's a girl, Connor can finally have a Lucy! :)

misslissa78 said...

AWSOME! Leave it to Kelly to figure out how I can stay thin and Connor can be happy too!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Jim wanted to submit the name Droopy for your new dog... which I have to admit is a pretty cute name too!

misslissa78 said...

Droopy would be perfect!I'll see if I cam convince Connor that it's better than Brutus( sorry Bekah)

Bekah said...

Oh no, go ahead and push Droopy. I want to use Brutus. I've already informed Daniel that he will be in big trouble if Connor gets a dog before me.

JCrew Mama said...

This is Jason. I love your 2 choices of dog breeds. Those are my fav's. My name choice is Zeek so don't even think about it. I've had that one saved for a long time.